What we do:
The mission of SoldierSocks is to provide supplies such as tube socks and baby wipes to troops deployed in Afganistan and Iraq. These simple items, which we all take for granted, are in short supply for our soldiers abroad.
Since our inception in July of 2009, SoldierSocks has shipped over 30,000 pounds of items to our military forces.
Why we do it:
A few years ago Scott Duffy, Colleen Grimm and Chris Meek were made aware the soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq were lacking some basic essentials – namely tube socks and baby wipes. In response to this need, in July of 2009 they founded SoldierSocks. It began in Stamford, Connecticut and partnered with local businesses that include Hope Street Pharmacy, New Balance of New Canaan and the UPS Store in Norwalk. The Stamford Police and Fire Departments became involved and held sock drives as well. Eventually, word of SoldierSocks spread and partnerships grew to include Cablevision, Sports Illustrated, ConAir and Newman’s Own. In addition to the local Connecticut towns, SoldierSocks has held numerous drives across the country and partnered with nationally syndicated Elvis Duran and the Morning Show, the Northeast Pharmacy Service Corporation, MagnaCare, as well as a number of schools and universities, churches, temples and other civic organizations.
There are many ways for you to help our troops.
- Donate - Your donation will go directly to purchasing much needed supplies
- Create a Drop Off Box - Place a SoldierSocks donation box in your Town
- Volunteer - Come join us at one of our packing parties!
- Become a Partner, take a look at our current list of Partners & Supports
- Join our Mailing List, so you can be alerted to News about Soldier Socks
- Pickup and wear our SolidierSocks Gear! Help spread the word.